Monday, November 8, 2010

Quick Thoughts On Minnesota

1.) What a nice, calm, pleasant and boring win. I love me some exciting college football, but sheesh was I tired of nerve-wracking wins. This I think is the ideal Mark Dantonio win, 31-8 with very little in the way of theatrics and no trick plays. Our most workmanlike effort since Northen Colorado?

2.) Minnesota lost to South Dakota 41-38, who lost to Northern Colorado 34-6. According to the transitive property of College Football, we should not be too excited about point number one. Minnesota is awful, truly terrible and a win of any sort should be met with no excitement. Except for...

3.) In Minnesota's nine losses, there is only one team with a larger margin of victory over the Gophers than us. Ohio State, c'mon down. Wisconsin, Penn State, Purdue, Northwestern and USC, you may all have a seat. In this regard Minnesota may well be a good measuring stick team. So I do get a little geeked about point number one. Our spread was indicative of our place in the Minnesota Strength of Schedule pecking order.

4.) Kirk Cousins, during the bye week, please have a snack and a drink. Watch some movies, tutor small children, do whatever you need to do to relax. (Note, please do not consult Chris L Rucker or Glenn Winston for advice. ) We don't need you to go out and win all of our games for us, just go ahead and stop them from crowding the box so we can't run. You're probably the best QB to come through here since I started watching MSU football, you don't need to force throws against Minnesota.

5.) This is a pet peeve of mine. Do not sarcastically jeer the defense when we're up 24-0. Do not go on to compare this Minnesota team to the 2009 Central team. That Central team was the best team in Michigan last year. Do not, after all that, leave the game early. Frankly, please don't ever come back, we don't need fans like you. Go home and beat your wife or whatever it is you do for fun.

The defense cannot cause the other team to get negative points. So I'd say zero points is about the best they can do. Also, this is not 1908, if a team gives up under 10 points, that's a great game.

1 comment:

  1. Very funny! (I am from Minnesota ha)

    Anyway... I ran across your Michigan Blog and am interested in doing an advertising deal with you. I am looking to place an ad on your site http://www.abeautifuldayforfootball.com. I am selling Michigan State Football Tickets.

    I am interested in placing a short text ad in your sidebar or sponsoring a new post of yours. I would provide you with the HTML content for the ad (no work for you!). In return, I ask that you leave the ad up for 12 months. We pay sites via paypal up front for the full 12 months. I would be willing to pay $100 for the year once the ad is up. It's really easy, fair money.

    Let me know your thoughts.

    Allison
    www.ticketkingonline.com
    TicketKingCollege@yahoo.com
    Minneapolis and St. Paul 612.341.4131

    ReplyDelete